24 October 2008

Laughing Dove

It is strange how we so often dismiss as uninteresting, or just overlook what is a common every day site, like this laughing dove. Yet when we take the time to stop and observe them, it can be so rewarding.



When I pulled into work this morning, this little guy did not move off, so out came the camera and I am glad I took the time to take a few shots, even though I was running late.



Looking at this bird it is also easy to see how the term, "as gentle as a dove" originated.

11 comments:

Firefly the Travel Guy said...

I like the second pic with the dove checking you out. My guess is that he flew away moments later.

photowannabe said...

Beautiful subtle coloring. I like the way he's checking you out.

Max-e said...

Firefly, this was one of the most obliging birds I have ever photographed. He only flew away when I opened my car door.

Max-e said...

Photowannabe, that is also my favourite

Anonymous said...

Love your photos .. I am new to blogging (introduced and encouraged by Jeanette (Jenty)..my daughter .. tirelessly helping me through it! and who says I am ready to face the world - not sure about that .. !

Anonymous said...

Love your photos .. I am new to blogging (introduced and encouraged by Jeanette (Jenty)..my daughter .. tirelessly helping me through it! and who says I am ready to face the world - not sure about that .. !

Rose said...

I have always loved their gentle look. I call it quiet beauty.

Laura ~Peach~ said...

love your sky watch photo... its breathtaking and I also love this dove I so enjoy all the birds that come to my yard ... not one will let me as close as this to them but I still totally enjoy!
Have a great weekend!

myonlyphoto said...

Wow so cute, Anna :) PS we got morning doves here in Canada, you want to trade, lol.

Neva said...

Certainly a lovely bird with nice muted colors!!

Bob Johnson said...

Great shot, I'm surprised you got so close to him/her.