13 October 2009

Life with Suzi - Creepy crawlies

Last night Suzi and I were sitting on the sofa when she let out a falsetto shriek and leapt off the couch and made a strategic withdrawal. I did not know what was happening and leapt up as well. She had seen a centipede crawling on my shoulder and it was in the process of climbing onto my face.

When I leapt up the centipede fell down and disappeared. I hunted high and low for it to no avail. I then sprayed liberal amounts of insect killer all around the sofa and the skirting boards. In the meantime Suzi was now sitting on one of the armchairs with her feet up and her skin crawling.

We carried on watching TV (constantly on the lookout for this creepy crawly) and about 15 minutes later I felt as though the skin on the lower left hand side of my back was crawling. I shifted forward, looked down and saw nothing and the sensation was gone. I made myself comfortable again and then saw a rather large centipede moving across my stomach. I quickly flicked it off me and onto the floor and then returned the compliment by walking on it. In the words of Monty Python, "It was no more, it had ceased to be, it had gone to meet its maker...." it was a late centipede.

I was not going to blog about this, but Shabby Girl did say, "I hope you all had a centipedelessly wonderful Monday!" Amazing how we shared similar experiences at about the same time, on opposite sides of the world.

7 comments:

Suzi-k said...

it will be a while before my skin stops itching every time i picture that huge thing sliding up Max's chin, eeuuuuuw! Later on we were sitting on opposite sides of the desk googleing and his foot touched mine, I just about became South Africa's next satellite! You can be sure clothes and shoes will be well shaken before wearing, until the creeps wear off!

Firefly the Travel Guy said...

Now imagine if you were fast asleep... mouth open...

Suzi-k said...

aaaargh don't, i may never sleep again!

Scriptor Senex said...

Just read Shabby Girl's blog and then came here - how much of a conicidence. I didn't have a centipede around yesterday!

shabby girl said...

OH. MY. GOD!!! ACROSS YOUR STOMACH!!! Oh, you are my hero! I would have been singing like a ,,, I don't know what!
I may have moved right then and there! Ha!
Oh, I'll have to think about this one! ........

Eileen Mariane aka Marmsk said...

Now my skin is crawling.... it is one insect I cannot feel happy seeing. They sometimes come into the house late autumn looking for accommodation. They don't get it.

myonlyphoto said...

lol Max-e this is really funny, the late centipede liked you, lol. Coincidently, I found one in the kitchen today, and it had to go down the drain. BTW funny you say about those sensations, I get them when I run into the spider web, lol. Anna :)