11 March 2011

Skywatch Friday - Stormy weather

Thunder storms are rare in Port Elizabeth and when one hit the city a few nights ago I set up my tripod in the front yard and merrily clicked away, while the lightning flashed all around. It was mostly sheet lightning, but what a spectacular display, complete with sound effects.


I see that I have been off the blogging scene for a while now, but that is because I have been having my own flashes of inspiration and have been concentrating on writing my novel. I never realised that writing could be such fun, though it can also be frustrating when I hit a dry patch.


For more great photos from around the world visit the Skywatch site

8 comments:

Firefly said...

The first one is a great shot. I first need a faster camera before I can even try this.

Fotokarusellen said...

The first is really a great shot. Well captured!
Have a nice weekend.

Anna said...

Max-e well done. We don't have good horizon to do that, otherwise it is on top of our heads, and I wouldn't risk to be outside. Excellent shots again, and hope you are doing well. Anna :)

Travellin'van said...

Great to see you back Max. Are you going to give us a clue what the novel is about and where we can get a copy?

Judy said...

I have to agree, that first shot is wonderful, and the second gives us a better view of what is in the foreground!!

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year!!
傢俱 烘碗機 網購美食 勞力士 精品傢俱 木工裝潢 論壇 廣告面紙 宅配美食 歐洲蜜月 生質能源 作文老師 台北廣告印刷 安養院 保濕保養品 綠建築 月子中心 宅配美食 手工皂 笑話集 海外遊學 ROLEX 購屋 安養中心 紙杯 便當 開架式保養品 SEO 關鍵字廣告 安養院 作文範本 金飾 LED燈具 氣球 LED模組

shabby girl said...

LOVE that first shot!
Awesome!

Anil Rajanala said...

Hmm is anyone else having problems with the pictures on this blog loading? I'm trying to find out if its a problem on my end or if it's the blog. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Web hosting