11 March 2011

Skywatch Friday - Stormy weather

Thunder storms are rare in Port Elizabeth and when one hit the city a few nights ago I set up my tripod in the front yard and merrily clicked away, while the lightning flashed all around. It was mostly sheet lightning, but what a spectacular display, complete with sound effects.


I see that I have been off the blogging scene for a while now, but that is because I have been having my own flashes of inspiration and have been concentrating on writing my novel. I never realised that writing could be such fun, though it can also be frustrating when I hit a dry patch.


For more great photos from around the world visit the Skywatch site

9 comments:

Firefly the Travel Guy said...

The first one is a great shot. I first need a faster camera before I can even try this.

Fotokarusellen said...

The first is really a great shot. Well captured!
Have a nice weekend.

myonlyphoto said...

Max-e well done. We don't have good horizon to do that, otherwise it is on top of our heads, and I wouldn't risk to be outside. Excellent shots again, and hope you are doing well. Anna :)

Travellin'van said...

Great to see you back Max. Are you going to give us a clue what the novel is about and where we can get a copy?

Judy said...

I have to agree, that first shot is wonderful, and the second gives us a better view of what is in the foreground!!

shabby girl said...

LOVE that first shot!
Awesome!

Unknown said...

Amazing post you shared I enjoyed to read this blog.
Hosting Service

Unknown said...

such an interesting post you have share here. i like to read your post.
Best Advertising Agency

Zenyataa said...

I recognize to examine this blog. Every single day your blog having some wonderful subject.
Zenyataa shoes