12 June 2011

Commenting right

I don't know if it is just me, but when I try and comment on blogs where the comments are set to "Embedded below post" and you first have to select your profile from a drop down box, my comments never go through.

It happens like this. I read a post and then select "comment". The comments box pops up below the post and I write my message.

Then I am asked to "Select profile" and I select "Google Account"

I am taken to the page that tells me to sign in. "Why," I ask myself, "I am already signed in."

But being conditioned to the cyberworld and to logging in and passwords, I dutifully type in my email address and password and press the "Sign in" button.

And hey presto I am transported back to the comments page. It now time to do the the word verification thingy. When that is done I hit the "Post Comment" button and I am immediately taken back to the "sign in" page.

Now if I was really compliant I could spend the rest of the night repeating the process. But I am not and that is the end of my social networking.

So if you have your comment form set to "Embedded below post", the chances are that I have visited you but was not succesful with posting my comment.

I still find the most user friendly way to comment on Blogger is with the "pop up window". If you are worried about spam, you can still set word verification. And if the occassional spammer gets through, Google automatically trashes it.

UPDATE and solution to the problem, thanks to Katney:
Max, here is the "detour" till they do get it fixed. When you hit that sign in page, uncheck the "Remember Me" box. It will let you get the comment published. Hopefully, they will have the issue resolved soon, it has gone on way too long.

4 comments:

Katney said...

Max, here is the "detour" till they do get it fixed. When you hit that sign in page, uncheck the "Remember Me" box. It will let you get the comment published. Hopefully, they will have the issue resolved soon, it has gone on way too long.

Unknown said...

Thanks for visitng my blog (your comment did go through:)
is Hoppe a Dutch of German name. When I'll look you up on FB I'm Jesh St Germain:)

Max-e said...

Hi Jesh, my origins are German. My grandfather came to South Africa at the beginning of the last century. I am completely detribalised now.

Camera warehouse said...

Really appreciate this post. It’s hard to sort the good from the bad sometimes, but I think you’ve nailed it!
Camera warehouse