08 January 2010

Froggy, froggy.............

.
"Froggy, froggy may we cross your golden river?"

"No!"



"Why don't you rather stop for a while and admire my beauty?" 




It's amazing what you can find lurking beside the river banks. You can see the big picture or if you look more closely, you may see the little one as well.

I came across this little fellow alongside a river in Lesotho and identified him as an Ornate frog (Hildebrandtia ornata). If you are interested in knowing more about these frogs click here.

7 comments:

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Hi Max. This made me wish we had a small grandchild with us! A perfect bedtime picture-story, with the promise of a hike to look for frogs the next morning. Heck, maybe I'll do that anyway, even without a kid.

Max-e said...

Sallie, you are so right it is fun with the small grandchildren. I had two small nephews this time round.

Robin said...

He is quite distinctive looking. He's chosen a gorgeous spot to make his home, too.

shabby girl said...

Beautiful photos. He almost has rattlesnake markings!

Firefly the Travel Guy said...

The spot next to the river looks like just the spot to sit and take in nature.
I'm like that as well. I will take the big picture and then start looking around for bugs and other things to photograph.

Scriptor Senex said...

That's a beautiful frog in a beautiful setting.

Eileen Mariane aka Marmsk said...

I am fond of frogs and other reptiles. He is certainly gorgeous. then the countryside is beautiful. I do enjoy your blog.