04 November 2007

What next!

In an effort to improve its revenue collection, our city council has taken to sending out reminders via SMS, for clients to pay their accounts. On Friday I was in a meeting, with my mobile phone on silent mode, but noticed that a message had come through. So like any good mobile phone user, I could not resist sneaking a look. Well, when I saw this I started laughing and totally disrupted the meeting. I don't know why I found it so funny, but I did.
It is just another example of bureaucratic ineptitude that is becoming so common place here.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

LOL! That's hillarious!

Shrink Wrapped Scream said...

I think that sums it all up, don't you? Grin..

Gerald (Ackworth born) said...

Now I know why I don't use a mobile phone.

mrsnesbitt said...

Says it all doesn't it!

photowannabe said...

Bureaucracy at its finest.

Max-e said...

Hi All thanks for your comments.....thank goodness for a sense of humour.......I rest my case