27 June 2010

Flowers of the Eastern Cape #7 - The colour orange

I cannot remember a time when I have not seen a flower in the Eastern Cape. What I am doing with this project is to publish at least one photograph of an indigenous plant that is in flower, every week.
When I realised that I did not have any photos for this week, I went for a stroll around the neighbourhood with my grandson and was not disappointed. We found two plants that are quite common in this area.

Red-hot poker from the garden of St Phillips Church.


Aloe arborescens ghowing on the cliff above Albany Road

2 comments:

Firefly the Travel Guy said...

I have a yellow fence aloe in my garden that I planted a few years ago. Last year it had on flower and this year four.

Inday said...

Thanks for the pop up window ...

So the flowers above is called Red hot poker? We have that here too down under. I got my own picture and haven't posted it yet.

Love the shot! I can really touch and feel it! Bit rubbery.