31 August 2011

Mini vs Maxi Tour - Bonus

When the team was walking over to the Tsitsikamma Canopy Tours offices, "Chrome & Fin City" caught my eye and I resolved it was a place to a visit after the tour. I would never have expected to find a collection of Cadillacs in Storms River.


Aside from the cars, the Cadillac Shack is decked out with pictures of Elvis and his music  plays constantly in the background, a reminder that the the king of rock and roll was partial to "Caddies".

I am not sure which model this one is, but judging from the number plate it dates back to 1959.


The Cadillac Eldorado is big and brash and flashy - no wonder they were so popular. One of these could have made an ideal MAXI team vehicle - I would even have been prepared to drive around in the pink one.


 The fins were such a hall mark of the cars of that era. It gives them a sculptured look.


Aint it cool.................. it is a real work of art, but they would probably not fit in the parking bays of today.

2 comments:

Firefly the Travel Guy said...

The Cadillac Shack is one of those discoveries that you would never expect in a place like Storms River. I hear there is a restaurant there now as well.

S-V-H said...

It reminded me very much on the good old "Route66" days. Great shots!!